A responsible material handler that checks for the freight if it is loaded and unloaded within the warehouse in an efficient and safe manner.
We are looking for a responsible material handler that checks for the freight if it is loaded and unloaded within the warehouse in an efficient and safe manner.
Essential Job Functions
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or container to be moved
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand and/or forklift
• Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
• Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet
• Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials
• Scanning Freight
• Stand or sit for long periods of time
• Reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch and frequently required to climb or balance
• Regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds by hand
Education & Experience
• High school diploma
• Less than one year related experience
• Responsible for ensuring that freight is loaded and unloaded within warehouse in a safe and efficient manner utilizing forklift